A while back I was Tagged by the marvelous Leigh @ Create, and I am finally getting around to doing this fun meme. Thanks Leigh!
Link to your tagger and list the rules
List 7 random facts about yourself
Tag 7 people (and make sure you check back and see what they say!)
If you're tagged, play along and pass it on!
So here are 7 random things about me...
1. Although I am not a vegetarian, and I love to cook, I have never cooked any kind of meat.
2. When I was 13, I won a national competition to design the logo for a t-shirt advertising the National Geographic Geography Bee. My design was worn by hundreds of kids who made it to the finals of the Bee that year and I was profiled in National Geographic WORLD Magazine. Coincidentally, I also competed in the Geography Bee and was amongst the top 100 state finalists two years in a row.
3. My least favorite food is raw celery.
4. I witnessed the home birth of my little sister. I was nine years old.
5. As a kid, I was a classically trained pianist: I took lessons for 13 years, entered piano festivals and competitions, attended piano camp every summer, performed a very formal solo "senior recital" when I was 17, and as a teen I was paid to accompany the choir at my church. I listened exclusively to classical music until I was about 14, at which time I fell hard for the album August and Everything After by Counting Crows and became obsessed with pop music. I rarely play piano anymore, and I haven't listened to Counting Crows in eons (has anyone?).
6. I have, on more than one occasion, shaved my head.
7. The farthest I have ever traveled from home is Bucharest, Romania. I went there in 2001 to visit T when he was on location for a film.
Steph @ Adventures in Babywearing
Kelly Anne @ Have Degree Will Travel
Madeline @ My Boy and Me
Meg @ Use Your Words
Jennifer @ Gardenymph
Jill @ Keyboard Revolutionary
Thanks ya'll, and have fun :)